Monday, July 30, 2012

Locked Out!

            Have you ever felt stupid?  Most of us have on occasion.  Tim and I felt stupid when we recently locked ourselves out of our house.   Here’s the funny part, it happened during a severe thunderstorm.  I stepped outside to tell Sara goodbye when I noticed the ominous storm clouds.  Tim stepped outside too and left the door cracked.  There was a big puff of wind and the door was blown shut. Somehow it had been locked and Sara had just driven off.  All the cells phones and keys were inside and there we were standing outside in the middle of a tempest. 
            Tim climbed the back deck, but the deck door was locked.  I didn’t want him to risk climbing back down, so I walked on a busy road during a thunderstorm to the subdivision next door.  A neighbor was kind enough to lend her cell phone to call Sara.  I was so grateful and embarrassed at the same time.
I wasn’t sure what verses to use.  When I looked up deliverance, I saw many reverences to facing war or persecution from enemies.  Fortunately, those didn’t apply.  I also found verses about pestulance and being in need.  Fortunately, those didn’t apply either. 
“The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:7-8 (NIV)
God is always watching over us.  Whether we are in a war or standing out in the middle of a storm, God is there and we can rely on His promises.   
Here’s another lesson I learned: you might want to hide a spare key out in the yard somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment