Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blast Off!



          I’m sure most of you know that I am a space cadet.  I can’t help it; that’s the way God made me to be.  A few years ago we were visiting relatives in Florida when there was a Space Shuttle launch.  I don’t know about you, but I miss those.
          We watched the launch from Jetty Park.  Where Sara and I were standing, we could see the Assembly building.  It took the sound from the blast off a few seconds to reach us, but when it did, it was AWESOME.  Sara was standing right beside me and we had to scream at the top of our lungs to even be able barely hear each other.  It wasn’t just a roar.  I could hear the crackle of the fire within the roar.  It was AWESOME.  Did I say that already?  And I saw more of the huge fire tail than I saw of the Space Shuttle.  It had a glow like I’ve never seen.  It’s almost hard to describe its intensity. 
“You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.” Nehemiah 9:6 (NIV)
           I was awestruck at man’s accomplishment, but what was that compared to God’s.  He’s the One who hand made the galaxies, black holes, stars, planets, moons, meteors, asteroids, and everything else in the universe. And He alone governs the laws of physics that control them.  And yet, He still cares about what happens in my life.  Now that’s truly AWESOME.
By the way, “Apollo 13” has a great launch scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment