Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spider in a Blue House



            All I could say was “Wow!”  What I stood and watched was like something out of a children’s movie. 

It all started on my mother’s covered front porch where she has hung many wind chimes.  On one particular day, my family and I were all standing on the front porch and talking. I was standing next to a wind chime that had a little blue house with white trim.  It also had two stories with its own miniature front porch.  A brown spider had built a web from the bottom of the blue house’s porch down to the porch hand railing.

As I’m sure most of you know I am terrified of spiders.  So I kept my distance from it as we all stood and talked.  A small storm was approaching and the wind picked up.  The spider’s web danced in the wind and the chimes rang out.  That little brown spider crawled up its web to the house.  Then it climbed up the little white porch and went in through the door frame to inside the house as if it actually lived in the house. It was truly like seeing something out of a children’s story.

 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1(NIV)

            That little spider knew where to go when a storm came up.  Do you?  If not, may I suggest turning to God for safety.  He can ride out any storm.  Nothing is beyond is Him. And I think God made you smarter than a spider. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Brooke. I think some of the characteristics of insects are fascinating. I don't have a particular fear of spiders. It's fly-y things, like bees and wasps, that freak me out!

    ReplyDelete