Sunday, June 9, 2013

Geroge and Wheezy



As a kid in the 70s, I loved to watch George and Wheezy on “The Jeffersons.” I thought it was hilarious and never missed a show!  For those of you who still don’t know who I’m talking about, George and Wheezy (Louise) Jefferson were the main characters of the TV show.  George started a dry cleaning business that became so successful that he and Wheezy were able to move from their old neighborhood to an upscale high rise apartment. In the older episodes, there’s a shot of a moving van in the show’s opening sequence. 

Have any of you ever moved?  Chances are you have at least once in your life.  What did you take when you moved?  What did you leave behind? I don’t know about you, but when we moved 3 years ago, I went through all my stuff and I was amazed that I had accumulated so much over the years.  I was even more amazed at how much of it was trash or stuff I didn’t need any more that I was still hanging on to.

 “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV)

            When we become Christians, we are new creatures.  We are reborn.  So we need to let go of the old stuff that is hampering our walk with Him and bringing us down.  Take it to the dump and don’t look back!  And by the way, we also have our own high rise upscale home waiting for us. And the best part is Jesus has paid for it in full.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, the sight of a moving truck gives me the heebie geebies. I don't like the packing part, but I do like the new adventure part of moving.
    Great post and reminder!

    ReplyDelete