Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cannon Ball



I don’t know about you, but I love to jump in the pool!  Headfirst or cannon ball, it doesn’t matter as long as I get wet!  Whoo-Hoo!!!  But my mother is a different story.

Like many, many other people, my mother has a fear of the water. She is so terrified of it that she doesn’t’ like to get water too deep in her bath tub.  I’m not joking.  When we go to the pool, she stands in the shallow end and splashes herself with one hand while she clings to the side of the pool for dear life with the other.  And small children are swimming and playing around her.

“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7(NIV)

We all have fears.  It’s a part of being human, but it doesn’t have to a part of being a Christian. As Christians, God empowers us with the Holy Spirit to do His work.  It’s ours to claim.  Don’t let your earthly fears and doubts stop you or hold you back.  Instead, jump in with all you’ve got.  “CANNON BALL!”


No comments:

Post a Comment