Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stringin’ and Breakin’

    I’m a farm girl who’s not a farm girl. Seriously! I was raised on my grandfather’s farm and I didn’t fit in at all. I didn’t want anything to do with any farming except for stringin’ and breakin.’
Stringin’ and breakin’ what you may ask? Green beans of course.


    After the beans were picked, my family and I would sit together to string and break them. It was a    wonderful time for many reasons. My family was together laughing and talking. If it was during the day, we’d sit in the carport. Sometimes the wind would blow a gentle cooling breeze. Other times, we’d plug in the fan. It was still nice. If it was night, we’d pile in front of the TV and watch family shows like Andy Griffith and the Beverly hillbillies.

“This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:2 (NKJV)


    Too bad I didn’t realize how special that time was or how short it would be. Too bad I didn’t realize what a blessing everything was; from the beans to my family. Stop and thank God for what He has given you. Rejoice in the day the Lord has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment