Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fireworks!

     30 years ago in last April, I saw the best fireworks display ever!! I saw my future husband Tim for the first time. Here’s a little surprise, I knew I was going to meet him before I met him.
     At the start of my junior year in high school, God told me three things. I was going to have somebody who was to be very special to me, I didn’t know him yet, and I was going to the prom with him. Every time I went out with somebody, one of the conditions was not met. By the spring of 1982, my junior year was almost over and I hadn’t met anybody to fit all three of God’s conditions.
     Did I misunderstand God? Was I being silly romantic teenager? When I least expected it, I met Tim. From the first moment I looked into his big green eyes, he had my heart. It was as if God whispered in my ear, “This is the one I was telling you about.” He meet all of God's onditions and more! Three years later on October 12, 1985, I married Tim, the man God chose especially for me.
     I want to dedicate the following verse to the man who is the love of my life, my husband, and my best friend.

Song of Songs 5:10-16 (NIV)
“My beloved is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.
His head is purest gold; his hair is wavy and black as a raven.
His eyes are like doves by the water streams, washed in milk, mounted like jewels.
His cheeks are like beds of spice yielding perfume. His lips are like lilies dripping with myrrh.
His arms are rods of gold set with topaz. His body is like polished ivory decorated with lapis lazuli.
His legs are pillars of marble set on bases of pure gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as its cedars.
His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, this is my friend, daughters of Jerusalem
.”

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary on Friday! God arranges the best romances, doesn't He?
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete