Sunday, August 26, 2012

Playball!

Some of my favorite words are: “Play ball!”  I played softball for years.  To this day my favorite smell is grape bubblegum and infield dirt.  I played second base and one of my responsibilities was to relay the ball from the outfield to home plate to stop a runner from scoring.  How did I do this?  I honed that baby in as fast and as hard as I could.
 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
          Did you notice the first word, “Cast?”   It means to throw or toss.  God isn’t telling us to hand Him our worries, but to throw them at Him.  Why?  Think about it.  As soon as I threw the softball to home plate, it was gone.  I couldn’t get the ball back if I tried.  It was beyond my reach.  When you hand somebody something, you have the chance to snatch it back.  But when you toss something, you can’t do that.  It’s gone.
          God doesn’t want us to take our problems back.  He doesn’t want us to be anxious or worried.  So throw your problems to Him.  He won’t miss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment