Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SNOT!

     There’s only one thing that I like about snot: everybody has it. It’s a great equalizer. From Prince William to the child at day care, we all have snot, but unlike the day care child, you probably won’t see Prince Williams’. So why am I talking about snot?
     When I was a child in Sunday school, I learned the Lord’s Prayer. I was so proud of myself that I couldn’t wait to recite it to my mother. I’m glad I did or I would have been so embarrassed if somebody else had heard me. Instead of saying, “lead us not into temptation”, I was saying “lead us SNOT into temptation.”

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”
Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)
      Remember, I was a small child. I did think it was weird to put the word “snot” in a prayer, but that’s what I thought I was hearing. Like all the other humans on the planet, I made a mistake. No matter how hard we try or how good our intentions, we mess up. All of us! God knows this better than anybody. That’s why he commands us to Trust Him and not what we think we know. Chances are we are wrong! But guess what? He never is. And that’s nothing to blow your nose at!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment