Monday, September 2, 2013

Chili With the Queen


No, I’m not joking.  I had chili with Queen Elizabeth II…in a dream.  Yep, I dreamed I went to Buckingham Palace in my jeans and enjoyed a chili supper with her.  Does that make me crazy?  Probably no more so than I’ve been the last 40 odd years.

            In reality, that dream would be impossible for many reasons.  One of which is the fact that I am not royalty in the world’s eyes. I am beneath her socially, but that’s not the case in the eyes of Jesus. 

 “There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 (NIV)
Our earthly labels don’t matter in the body of Christ.  As believers, we are all one with Him.  It doesn’t matter whether you are a queen or a beggar. You are equally important to Him and loved by Him.  That’s better than having chili with anybody!!

1 comment: