Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sitting on the Bench



I’m sure many of you know by now I’m an old tomboy.   I played softball for years and I still have some battle scars to prove it. What battle scars?  There’s a few, but the biggest are my knees.  They are shot, or as my doctor said, “Traumatized.”  Over the years, I’ve had people say to me, “I bet you would have done things differently if you had realized the damage you were doing to yourself.”  To which I respond, “No way!”

I love how people are so surprised by my response.  Their eyes get big or their mouths drop open.  Then I get a “But why?”  My answer, “Because I played to win and I put my all, my best into a game.  Otherwise, I might as well have been sitting on the bench!”

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23(NIV)

What difference are you going to make for the kingdom of God if you don’t pour your heart and soul into what you are doing? What impression are you making on others?  Do you whine and fuss as you work to or do you praise God and do your best?  You might be surprised at who is watching you as you go about your work.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you're definitely not a sit on the bench type of gal.
    Sometimes we forget that whatever we do, we're supposed to do our best. God is watching and so are others we might have an influence on for the kingdom.

    ReplyDelete