Thursday, November 29, 2012

EXCITED!

     I love the Pointer Sisters. In case you don’t know who they are, they were a group of sisters who sang together. They started out in the 1970s, but they achieved their greatest success in the 1980s. I had their 1983 album Break Out which had their hit, I’m So Excited. I loved this song and listened to it quite often.

     Why did I like I’m So Excited so much? For one reason, it was very upbeat. I love music that makes me want to move and bob my head. I’m like one of those little dogs you put on your dashboard where the head moves or bobs around while you drive. That’s me. I don’t enjoy listening to slow or draggy music. I know I'm alive when my heart to thumps!  There is a drawback to this kind of pleasure-Its short-lived.
 
   If you want real happiness that lasts, may I suggest some scripture? I looked up some verses that I find inspirational. I hope you find inspiration and excitement about God’s promises and love for us as believers in Jesus.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NIV)
This is one of my favorites:“but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment