Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dream A Little Dream

     I'm doing something a little different with my blog.  I write an on line article for The Christian On-Line Magazine, and I have just finished a series on sleeping and dreaming.  We have learned many interesting things about these two processes.
  
I'm going to review my dream that started all of this.  I love to watch the movie, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.  In my dream, I was in the Kroger produce section and I  battled the Pharaoh Kahmunrah there.  I threw heads of lettuce at him.  In case you've never seen the movie, Pharaoh Kahmunrah was a bad guy who wanted to take over the world.

Did watching the movie alone make me dream this? Yes and no.  My subconscious used the Pharaoh as a representation of a something I deem as problem. My weapons of choice, heads of lettuce, were useless against him.  Why?  Whatever problem I am facing, my subconscious knows I am not handling it as I need to. For the rest of my dream, the Pharaoh and his henchmen chased me.  Which also represents my denial of the problem.

God gave us dreams for a reason.  We can use them to help figure out what is bothering us.  To do so, keep a dream journal handy and write your dreams down as soon as you wake up.  Look them over and see if you see a common theme running through them.  Your finding may be surprising!

Please feel free to share some of your dreams or your thoughts on dreaming in the comment section.  If you are comfortable with me sharing on my blog, just let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment